Problem: Improper and excessive use of antibiotics for Surgical Antibiotic Prophylaxis (SAP)
Project: Development and implementation of an Antimicrobian Stewardship Program (SAP) for Surgical Antibiotic Prophylaxis (SAP) in selected departments of ten Georgian hospitals.
- WHO Europe
- Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labour, Health and Social Affairs (MoH)
- National Center for Disease Control and Public Health (NCDC)
- Healthcare professionals from the selected hospitals
- Georgian academic institutions.
- 60% SAP guidelines compliance within 12 months of launching the intervention
- Secondary outcomes include identification of barriers and facilitators to implement antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) and surgical site infection surveillance programs in Georgian hospitals, as well as cost benefit analyses for scaling up the intervention.