Problem: Overuse of antibiotics in poultry production
Project: Reducing the use of antibiotics in the poultry production in selected farms in Georgia by implementing Antimicrobial Stewardship based on FAO, OIE, EFSA guidelines.
- Ministry of Agriculture through the National Food Agency
- Private sector (Invet group)
- State laboratory of agriculture
- Georgian academic institutions.
- 20% reduction in the use of highly critical antibiotics.
- Secondary outcomes include identification of barriers and facilitators to implement AMS for banning the use of antimicrobials as growth promoters for poultry production in Georgia, identification of barriers and facilitators for reducing the use of highly critical antimicrobials for poultry production in Georgia, Cost-effectiveness outcomes.