Erica Westwood is a global health researcher and programme manager, with diverse experiences working in infectious disease programmes for low- and middle-income country settings. As an Implementation Research Advisor at ICARS, she brings a critical lens to ensure that programmes are contextually-specific and sustainable with innovative research approaches that can help advance public health preparedness and global knowledge to prevent AMR. Erica holds a Bachelor’s of Health Sciences from the University of Calgary and a Master of Science in Global Health from McMaster University in Canada. Previously, Erica has worked in AMR research and development fund management and public health consulting for governments, industry and multilateral organisations.
Projects connected to Erica Westwood
- Improving appropriate antimicrobial use among pregnant and postpartum women, and children under 5 years old in hospitals in Lao PDR
- Strengthening gender equality and social inclusion in LMICs across the AMR research continuum
- Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Colombia via diagnostic uptake in pig farming
- Combating antimicrobial resistance and antimicrobial residues in the Zambian poultry sector
- Mitigating the spread of antimicrobials and resistant microbes through treatment of manure