Join our network of Mission Partners!
ICARS’ mission is to partner with Low- and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs) to co-develop antimicrobial resistance (AMR) solutions that mobilise AMR National Action Plan (NAP) implementation.
To effectively succeed on our mission, we rely on the guidance of our partners to ensure that our work stays relevant and has maximum impact.
To facilitate closer and more strategic collaboration with our country partners, beyond specific projects, we therefore invite countries that support the vision and mission of ICARS and commit to mitigate AMR nationally and within their region to become an ICARS Mission Partner.
By becoming a Mission Partner, countries not only join the ICARS family as a trusted advisory partner, but also connect with a network of likeminded countries committed to sustainably mitigating AMR.
ICARS’ current Mission Partners
What you get
Joining our network of Mission Partner provides access to:
- Strategic Advisory Forum: Mission Partners are invited to participate in ICARS’ Strategic Advisory Forum, where we seek valuable guidance on various matters relevant for the further development of ICARS. The forum will meet 1-2 times a year headed by our Executive Director. This is a unique opportunity to influence a young organisation.
- Regional seminars: To facilitate knowledge-transfer and cross-country learning Mission Partners are invited to participate in ICARS’ annual regional seminars where governments and stakeholders come together to share learnings, solutions and challenges and discuss ways to push the AMR agenda within the region.
- Capacity and capability building: To ensure that our project partners have the competencies needed to effectively implement and sustain AMR solutions, ICARS facilitates capacity and capability building of LMIC policymakers, champions, prescribers, dispensers, consumers, and users of antimicrobials, amongst others, through relevant training and engagement. In the first instance, we target researchers and individuals that are part of our projects, and in the second instance we will prioritise our Mission Partners.
What we ask
In exchange we ask that your country signs a Statement of Support that:
- Expresses support to the vision and mission of ICARS
- Commits to actively promote the AMR agenda nationally and within the region
- Confirms a dedication to act as ambassadors for ICARS
Please note that being a Mission Partner does not entail any financial obligations. We do however welcome in-kind support, where relevant.