At the same time, we will draw you attention to the choices you can make on how your information is collected and used. In order to make this policy easy to find, we make it available on our website and at any time where personally identifiable information may be requested.
What is personal data?
Personal data are all kinds of information that can be attributed to you to some extent. When you use this site, we collect and process a variety of such information. This happens for example if you do one of the following:
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Contact us through a contact form
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect only the personal data you voluntarily submit to us or otherwise consent us to collect. We collect personal data:
- … to send you marketing material that has already been approved.
- … to contact you if you have filled in our “contact us” form.
What personal data do we collect?
To the extent that you explicitly consent to this and enter the information, we treat the following types of personal data:
- Your contact information such as name, e-mail address, phone number, etc.
- User information such as usernames, passwords, login information and security issues
- Information from your web browser, such as IP addresses, browser type and language
- Information to use in third party networks such as Facebook, Google Analytics and ePay.
How do we collect personal data?
In addition to the personal data we collect through our website, we use a number of third-party software to collect data on this site. Below we have described the different types of third party software used on our website:
- Google Analytics gives us access to your behavior on our site, and Google Analytics collects data using cookies. These cookies collect information about your use of our website, including your IP address for tracking your behavior. We also use Google Analytics for our marketing and you can therefore experience dynamic ads after visiting our website.
- MailChimp: We use the MailChimp email application to send newsletters and offers to our customers. Through MailChimp we collect email addresses, IP addresses and time stamps used to send relevant newsletters.
- Sleeknote is a tool for setting up pop-ups on websites. The tool is typically used in conjunction with MailChimp to obtain more signups for newsletters or highlight competitions. Your personal data is only disclosed to Sleeknote with your consent.
- Facebook-pixels: We use Facebook pixels to improve our ads to visitors who have visited the site and have a Facebook profile. Through Facebook Pixels, we collect data about your behavior on our website.
Data about your use of this website, which ads you receive and, if any, click on, geographic location, IP address, etc. passed on to third parties to the extent that you explicitly consent to it and even enter the information.
How long are personal data stored on the website?
Your personal data will be stored for as long as necessary. This means that when your personal data will no longer be relevant to us, it will automatically be deleted in a safe way. There is a possibility that we can process your data for statistical purposes, but in this case your data will always be anonymized.
How can you access the personal data we collect about you?
You are entitled to know what personal information we are processing about you. You may also object to the use of information at any time if it is no longer necessary for us to keep your data. Below we have specified how to do this:
- Access and correction of personal data: You always have the opportunity to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. If you detect any errors or outdated information, you may also request any corrections. If you no longer wish to store your personal data with us, you have the right to request that your personal data be deleted. However, this can only happen if it is no longer necessary for us to keep your data.
- Right to opt out of marketing communications: If you no longer want to receive email marketing from us, you have the right to withdraw your consent. However, please note that this kind of communication does not cover administrative messages such as order confirmations, e-mail related to account settings – including password change and messages that are in continuation
How do we secure your personal information?
We treat your data with care. This means that we undertake to prevent disclosure, unauthorized access or alternative processing of our customer’s personal data collected on this website.
Organisation: Statens Serum Institut
Address: Artillerivej 5
Postal Code: 2300 Copenhagen S
If you wish to complain about our processing of your personal information, this may be done by Data Inspectorate, at Borgergade 28.5, 1300 Copenhagen, phone 33 19 32 00 e-mail: email@example.com.